Sunday 7 November 2010

No news is good news, over view after the crit.

In reference to the black, green and white final designs :

After the crit, I found there was a few adjustments I could make to make the fact within my designs speak for itself. One problem, I personally identified was the designs were all too similiar, another adjustment needed, after the crit was colour choice. Some people stated that the colours were in no relation to Christianity, also I had used more than the required number of colours; there were two different greens used, unknown to my eye but were apparent within the final printed pieces. So with all of this in mind, I re-designed each final piece.

This is a completely new design as my previous ones were too similar. I've used the symbol of the 'i' to show a decline in the religion, this with the use of a timeline, in context makes sense. I've used bible like colours; sepia tones. I've created continuity by using a white border box which is used within each of my designs. I've also used the same type, but resized it so it isn't the focal point of the design.

With this designs I have tried to make the 'i' a symbol, which is then seen throughout images used in other designs.

I've used the symbol 'i' to create a dissapearing cross; a symbol of christianity, which is meant to re-create brick work - Churches are renowned to be made from it. Throughout all of my designs I have used symbols which reference the religion, in relation to the place of worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment