Thursday 4 November 2010

Final designs and a A few initial poster designs

Final Poster Designs
I'm not too sure if I like my final designs or not! Well, there's always going to be room for improvement but I guess once I have my crit, and gain some opinions and see what I think! I really liked this project, it was in no way restricted to what you could do! I must admit, I found finding time to do this project very difficult considering I had so much else going on at university, so it was a challenge.







Image Only: I'm glad the posters have to work as a series otherwise this poster wouldn't work on it's own! I like it, but feel it needs to be clearer what it's insinuating (A cross in relation to christianity), perhaps straightening the arms of the tree would make it look more cross like, and possibly, as part of the sequence, i could have more leaves falling from it, and eventually browning.

Combination of image and type: Not too sure about this one, I feel the image needs to be a lot more simplistic for it to work with the text, or it needs to be smaller, using a smaller space than the letters, it just makes the design too complicated.


Text only: I really like this. The simplicity does it i think. It's a pretty clear message. Improvements which could be made is regarding colour pallette I think, or maybe using some lovely decorative bible like corners and borders, or maybe even the text, but thats a whole different kettle of fish.


Just a quick whip up

I really like the illustration here and wish i'd put it to better use. I may think about using it in a final design or something, we shall see...






Just a few quick initial designs!
Initially I really like this concept, but when I realised I had to include the entire headline, I felt it took the simplistic affect needed. I wanted to just use the word decline, but this, in no context wasn't understandable. But I wanted to stick to the font chosen within the centre. The colour palette was a VERY bad choice, black and red isn't something you link with religion and could give the wrong impression, so I decided it was best to stay well away from these two colours together!

This I do like, its colour palette relates to the church, and a hint of biblical serif font has been used. The overall idea was for the font to create a cross, which this design has achieved. I think if I edit this image some more and played around a bit, it could work really well.

This was a very quick mock up. Attempted to create cross with type, but overall don't feel this pieces connotes the idea of christianity declining.
This was an improvement from an above design, but change to colour palette is a need.

A few initial design sheets drawn up






No comments:

Post a Comment