Tuesday 14 August 2012

Tigerprint - Design a day - Ideas

Seeing as the brief is so open to what theme your design a day could be, I feel it best to start brainstorming themes I could possibly look at, considering my interests for third year and after graduation. As noted in the presentation before summer, we were advised to pick briefs that can rung alongside other. The design a day brief I feel would be brilliant and would help with time keeping as its a much longer brief, but would only consist of possibly an hour of my time a day. 

One of my main interests is hand rendered type, I would love to produce a design a day which reflected this. Some of the ideas I have come up with consist of:


  • Design a letter a day, each day a new typeface
  • Design a whole typeface a day
  • Design an emotive a day (the typeface design reflecting the emotion)
  • Design a descriptive a day (the typeface reflecting the description)
The end result will reflect in my own personal resource of typefaces to potentially use across a range of briefs. With the typefaces I would like to create my own book, so the briefs purpose is to create a catalogue of type through research of the theme I choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment