Tuesday 13 March 2012

YCN - Illustrating our message

I decided to make a start on branding and giving a unique image to our product. I wanted it to be fun, interesting and light hearted. I wanted it to closely link to the food products we would be packaging, so for the summer pack we intend to make, I illustrated summer foods noted within primary research into a summery foliage scene. The main shopper at M&S is of a female audience, so my illustration if quite feminine in that sense. The typography too I feel needed to reflect this, to be decorative yet legible. This is also directed at a younger, new, fresh audience, so i've had tried to evoke this within my illustrative approach. I am currently sticking to a black and white colour palette, feeling the complexity of the drawing is best shown this way; colour may add confusion and illegibility, its something I will have to experiment with.




Vectored, live traced images.





No comments:

Post a Comment