Saturday 17 March 2012

YCN - Designing for Retail

I started to apply my hand rendered elements to digital design, starting to design the pricing and product tags which will be placed alongside the food products themselves. I wanted to keep the colour palette consistent with than of the M&S logo.



I too started designing the banner which would be shown across the top of the stand holding all the picnic items. This needed to hold the M&S logo, the slogan, what the product is were advertising, and some form of instruction for a customer in regard to how to package your picnic. I've been consistent with M&S branding, using their colour palette, adapting my illustration to this. I've used very clear, concise instructions which are legible from a distance.
I really like the designs I've managed to produce, I feel there consistent with existing M&S campaigns, promotions and design factors I've seen over the years throughout the store. They contain the requirements the brief noted, and entice a new, younger working class / student audience, which was the intention of of seasonal picnic pack.







No comments:

Post a Comment