Sunday 25 September 2011

Good is...? Thinking concept and rationale

Thinking about concept and rationale


I want to focus on tree houses, as that was the topic that gained most interest in my presentation. But feel I'd like to look into wooden structures in general, and find something more specific from there. I want to look at branding and packaging for such products, in regard to print, which will directly link to the brief deliverable.


Concept: 
Good is...Outdoor wooden structures


Rationale: 
I am going to research wooden structures in a range of formats, looking at branding, advertising, packaging and all things print based.




What to look at / research:
The things I could look at relating to the product could be merchandise, the boxes and sleeves it comes in, the step by step exploded diagrams and manuals which come with the materials. I could look at 'tree house building packs', and other such structures and attempt to recreate prototypes. The other wooden structures I intent to look at involve sheds, cabins, log cabins, houses on stilts, outdoor pursuits and wooden houses you see in such places as Sweden.


The sort of diagram you would find in a step by step manual, the kind I intend to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment