Tuesday 27 September 2011

Good is...? Examples of concept and rationale

Examples of idea's I would like to take forward.

An example of what looks like a manual, page by page. I dislike the style and content, but the layout and book size and shape I like.


An example of a logo relating to woodwork. Its a bit hard to understand as it's focused on an image of mining, but the writing states 'chipping and chopping'. But overall I like the vector imaging and typeface layered on top of an old desaturated image.


I really like the amount of materials the brand has been printed on. Its consistent and works throughout each. It explores a range of printing methods to be able to achieve this. I really want to do a similar think, even if its simply to explore print and learn and improve my knowledge of the topic.


I like the styling and approach to stock within these designs. The yellowing ageing paper, array of stock size and material is quite nice. Especially the smaller pieces, they have a real sense of detail.


Clever packaging, something I want to look into. The content effecting the styling of the design.


A typical yet modernistic approach to cardboard packaging. Considering my materials, I think cardboard would be the most suitable thing to use within my packaging design.


I like the styling and binding used within this, it could easily be used as a manual. I have a bit of a liking for square books too. 


The book sleeve here is a really nice touch and adds a bit of interest to the product. Without it, I feel it would be a little plain and boring. The material of both the book and sleeve is quite nice too.


Beautiful typography screen printed on cardboard, absolutely stunning! I love the quirky design and relevance the styling has to the product it holds. I would really like to try something like this in relation to  flat pack housing, somehow!


An industrial design for tiles, which is really quite nice. Simple, big, bold lines, with the needed information, using a duotone.


Just quite clever really. I like clever packaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment