Wednesday 21 September 2011

Good is...? Initial Thoughts

After giving our presentations, I received some much needed feedback. As I well knew, one of the main issues was my subject was too broad, I needed to be more specific. Lorenzo got in on my presentation, giving me a lot of feedback, commenting on the approaches I could take with it. 


Feedback from my presentation:


' What else is interesting about their good that hasn't been mentioned? '
- Why is their so many castles built in this city?
- Treehouses are good?
- Historic place for film sets?
- Stone
- History of castles


' Is there a flaw in the argument? What do you disagree with and why? '
- A little broad. Narrow down.




' What processes, scenarios, or contexts might improve the potential impact of the concept? '
- Looking at memories of growing up?
- The reason its important 


' How else might the concept be creatively improved? Any other comments...'
- Monopoly game design
- Pantone match flowers
- Build a tree house
Presentation Feedback

Initial Thoughts
Some of my initial idea's from the presentation, regarding my new subject matter of 'Treehouses' In an attempt to be more specific with my subject matter. I have brainstormed it in general, making links to wooden structure in general. I have also thought about possible outcomes.

Another brainstorm outlining relating topics in regard to 'Treehouses' to help me think outside the box when thinking about the approach I wish to take. Thinking about architecture, environment, materials, childhood and films/tv. 

A bit of drawing, illustrating some of the relating objects I could begin to research. A few further brainstorms thinking about slogans and messages I want to get across.

Brainstorming concepts and ideas.


Notes taken today, noting research which I need to, and a general plan of how to approach the brief.


Yes, some, um, initial drawings..

Possibly thinking about concepts far too early, considering I should really be doing research first. The thought of Meccano crossed my mind, the design and layout of manuals for their products are fine, detailed, exploding drawings of the products, showing every piece. I was thinking something similar, in the sense, I could produce a 'Build a tree house' guide.

Begining a bit of further research, looking at wooden structures and their uses, trying to wittle them down, to find more specific idea about what my focus could i fact be.

Attemting to come up with some thought on what my 'Good is?' phrase could possibly be..





No comments:

Post a Comment