Tuesday 27 September 2011

Good is...? Proposal

What are you trying to communicate? (An idea, a concept, a message, a lifestyle...?)
I am trying to convey that first time home buyers are better off purchasing and designs a flat pack home. Reasons consist of them being environmentally friendly due to many elements the designs hold (Solar panels, rain water catcher etc) and that are cheaper to buy, build and construct than buying a new cliche build. I want to persuade people, attempt to make flat pack houses more appealing and publicised. 


Who are you trying to communicate to? (Why and what do you want to achieve?)
I am trying to attract new time home buyers to the product, and possibly those who want a holiday home or a little extra space perhaps. I can imagine a lot of people would be interested in the product at hand so I would say the audience is quite varied and wide.


How will you use print design and production methods to achieve this?
My message I'm trying to be communicated will be done through a modern, fresh branding and packaging for a flat pack home. Using illustrations, design styles and typography befitting to my target audience. The packaging to mimic a flat pack home in its form, shape and design. I want to keep the packaging simple, onto cardboard, so my printing techniques are restricted some what.


What is already out there and how can you adapt, modify, reuse or respond to it?
There are so many large products which need a cardboard box to contain it, industrially and commercially. Simple and elaborate designs already exist so I intend on look at these, and seeing if I can push it further, as pre mentioned, perhaps making the packing look like the product it holds. It's not just packaging I want to do, put the manual / step by step guide the product will be packaged with, this would include the branding of the product - another element I will have to look into.


No comments:

Post a Comment