Thursday 29 September 2011

Good is...? - Studio workshop, Concept development - Part two

Working with our questions and statement we were asked to do several tasks

The first task was to use words, in connection with our images (in which we had been asked to bring in) to design, using only type, several logo designs. I tried to be a little different picking just sections of the words to come up with quirky little words. The task made me realise that I need to practise my typography more, as my skills have lowered over the break.  My imagination is a little bland too! So the task really showed me I need to buck up my idea's and get into that 'Graphic design mind set', read, gather information, find inspiration and practise drawing.

The next task was to complete 8 logos using just one word, 'Architecture'. I find my imagination working a little harder for this task and actually really liked my designs. I worked a lot more with strokes, making them more varied, thicker and thinner etc. The next task was to use just one letterform from your chosen word, mine being 'A', I played around with typefaces, again, I really liked my outcomes. The following task was to create logos using simply, image. These, I weren't so keen on, as I seem to be complex with my drawing skills, which isn't suitable for a iconic logo. 
.....

Given Task:

To review what I did within this session
To complete a series of 150 logos created in accordance to my chosen concept, on what I think is 'Good'. 
They must be hand rendered
Fit an A6 Format
! colour
Quick snappy designs
Combine two elements : Words, Letterforms or symbols
Be completed by next wednesdays workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment