Monday 20 September 2010

Summer Brief

'We would like you to produce an alphabet that visually communicates YOU as an individual.'

This was the given brief, given to us about 2 months before we began university. At first I found it quite scary, as this would be a first impression piece to, not just our peers, but our tutors.
I put alot of thought into trying to specify what it was that was being asked. I found myself even emailing the tutors in confusion, but was reassured when the response was 'to approach this task in any way you deem fit.' So, i decided to use the medium i know best, collage, and to produce everything free hand as i know this to be my strongest point. Also my lack of technology at home hindered me from using a computer at the time. So heres the alphabet which i feel 'communicates ME as an individual' =]

a - accent
b- bubbley
c - constructive
d - dance
e - energy
f - fashion
g - golden syrup
h - handmade
I - Idea's
j - Jumpy
k - Knits
l - Laughter
m - Music
n - Nostalgia
o - Optomistic
p - Playful
q - Quaker Oats
r -Rest
s - Sign Language
t - Typewriter
u - Unique
v - Vinatge
w - Wellies
x - Xylaphone
y - Yo-yo
z - Zest








No comments:

Post a Comment