Thursday 30 September 2010

Experimenting yet again!

This experiment had been produced last, After i had produced my own typography design and sequence. It was a 'draft' of my final pieces.

Experimenting with sequence - regarding colour and shape. Producing sequences for several idea's:
  • Colour: Fades as being frozen
  • Shape: Unfolding
  • Shape: Stiffening
Further down are final outcome idea's


Here i began experimenting with materials, i have a deep love for watercolour and ink, so attempted to use these. I don't feel this experiment benefitted the brief at hand, especially as, i intended to use colour within my final piece. I did gain inspiration from this, and further down you shall see i use watercolour and pen instead of.


Here i began experimenting with colour, relating to the word 'freeze', typically, the connotation of cold is blue and white. Taking this into account i explored the use of watercolour, pen and ink, producing a series of experiments as a possible final outcome.



An initial mind map outlining several idea's, definitions of my chosen words, basically this helped me gain a better understanding of the meaning of the word, meaning i could broaden idea's. 


We were told to use existing fonts to create our own new one. So, numbering the letters, I combined a few and found a particular combination i liked the most and felt would work best, this i then took deeper into development...









No comments:

Post a Comment